Translate

domingo, 29 de julho de 2012

Count your Blessings


Count your Blessings


Do you know what it’s like when you feel so blessed that all you can do is smile in silence as tears of gratitude roll down your face? I know you know what I mean.
These last days have been of this specially blessed kind. I won’t bore you with the details of each day, I’ll just use today as an example… an example of how simply sweet Life is when we allow it to serve our YES.
I have come to the beach on holiday with Diva and Samuel, whom I am blessed to be the mother of, having been offered a week which I was at first reluctant to receive! When I accepted I was even offered the petrol and highway toll as well! As I live life in such a fulfilling way each day, and as my kids have already had at least 3 weeks of beach holidays with their grandparents and fathers, I figured we didn’t really need a holiday. That was of course my mind’s chatter, because in reality there is no limit to what you can receive when you just let yourself be graced and served by life, as I said before. This week is clearly a beautiful practice of receiving and celebrating in gratitude, overflowing with the Love of Being.
This morning we went to the beach and played together, enjoying the sand, the sea, the sun… and so on and so on… In the afternoon, after a relaxing nap, we went shopping. The kids needed a few things. When we got to the counter to pay, there was one shop assistant right there, free to receive us, while on the other side there was a queue!
Then we went to the supermarket. Right at the entrance there was one single shopping cart, waiting for us. I had not planned to go to the supermarket on Sunday, because it is usually very full, but I had not planned to go to that particular supermarket either, I didn’t even know it existed! It wasn’t full at all… So much so that when we got to the counter, in the middle of all of the queues, there was a totally free cashier. I even asked if it was open, because it seemed almost surreal that there was no one there, with the queues right beside it! I needed to charge my phone, and had planned to look for the cash dispenser to make a payment, when at the counter there was a sign saying “charge your phone here and receive a prize”. So I paid for the shopping  and the phone and still received a game for the children.
Ah, but I haven’t mentioned that right at the moment when I was questioning myself about my capacities of materialization this song started to play on the shopping center’s speakers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq-NShfefks (it goes like this: “I’ve got the magic in me…”). I smiled. My Essence has its own magical way of speaking to me and always makes me smile… sometimes even laugh out loud in the middle of the street and other times it brings me to tears as well… the tears of gratitude I told you about…
While dinner was cooking and the kids were playing together, I went for a walk right down to the beach, and speaking of magic, wow! Such a breathtaking landscape. The sky was a mix of golden pink and reddish hues mingling with the first night’s dark blue. The soft sea was a glowing fluid of golden perfection. The birds scoured the sand for any precious leftovers from the day’s holidaymakers and flew around, playing with the air. A few people were also enjoying this paradise scene here and there. It was such a fulfilling gift, my heart was filled with awe.
When I arrived back home, feeling complete, blessed… as I was going up the stairs, there was a wrist band just lying there. It had smiles and hearts and suns and stars and the words: love, friendship, family, happiness, on it. I gave it to Diva, who offered to wash the dishes…
It is the small things that make Life grand and the people who cross our paths that make it worth living… giving, receiving… BEING.
Thank you!


By the way, if you haven't seen Madagascar 3, I highly recommend it. It's such fun and carries the very profound message that nothing is impossible when you believe in your passion and choose to LIVE :) The children invited me to the movies and we all ended up having immense fun. Thank you again!

3 comentários:

  1. Blessings my Friend!!!
    My and your choise - The LIFE!!!

    Kissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss_ waw!!!

    Artemis

    ResponderEliminar
  2. O simples gravado na "areia" irradia, de facto, tanto Amor - Ternura - Alegria - Harmonia!!!
    Será um simples detalhe de mãos gravadas no singelo coração de Mãe-Natureza?! Certamente, qe não...Direi tão somente que estas minúsculas mãos abençoadas, são os olhos de "um SER-VIDA - de - SER-CORAÇÃO!!!
    A VIDA é um Benção - Bem Hajas

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Happiness.........;)living,giving...receiving, BEING!!!
    Magical kiss:)
    Sal

    ResponderEliminar