Translate

terça-feira, 18 de fevereiro de 2014

Uniqueness

Uniqueness


The other day, while I was teaching an English class, the funniest thing occurred to me!!! One of my students, one amongst many others who also share the same perspective, was  saying: “oh well, I’m used to being strange and different. That’s just the way I am”. I looked at her and smiled. Aren’t we all different?

The hilarious thing is that we are! But still, for a large portion of our lives, we feel strange for being different. Nevertheless,  we aren’t supposed to be the same, otherwise we would just might as well be manufactured as clones in an assembly line somewhere in the Universe ;)

So in fact, there’s nothing wrong or right with being different. The problem is created when we try not to be. That’s why life becomes such an effort. The short cut to freedom is understanding this and quitting the “pretend to be the same” game. Unless, of course, it is fun to play it.


Actually it is a regular thing, to be different. It is the norm, not the exception. The exception is trying to be the same! lol Hurray to yet another layer of mass illusion :)


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário